The NW-MRC is organized into 5 cores:
1. An Administrative Core that is responsible for day-to-day operations, monitoring progress through various metrics, and decision making.
2. A Mass Spectrometry Core with a broad range of both global and targeted profiling platforms, metabolite identification, and clinical translation capabilities.
3. An NMR and Metabolic Imaging Core that has capabilities in global profiling, flux measurements, tissue analysis and advanced isotope tagging approaches.
4. A Biostatistics & Bioinformatics Core that provides deep levels of statistics support, capabilities in mathematical modeling and new approaches for connecting metabolomics with other omics data.
5. A Promotions & Outreach Core that provides users with a range of information on metabolomics activities at the NW-MRC and beyond, a variety of training opportunities and workshops, and oversees a Pilot & Feasibility program.